Sunday, 16 January 2011

Money Isn't Everything

The boy Tony reckons that our love of strong lager, whisky, cigarettes and cheeseburgers means that we'll always be poor. Of course, we've only got ourselves to blame for the financial mess in which we find ourselves, but as Tony says, people like us live for the day, and to hell with the consequences.
I reckon that the boy's right, and as I often say to him, it's all very well saving for a rainy day, but life is very short, and when we die, we can hardly take our money with us, can we?
I call it my LIVE FOR TODAY AND FUCK TOMORROW policy, and I reckon that it's because of my attitude that although I'm hopelessly poor, have no savings whatsoever, am forced to live in a shitty, damp flat, haven't been on holiday for years, and haven't eaten a decent steak since god only knows when, I am essentially a very happy man, content with the fact that even in the lowest moments of despair, after a few pints down at the pub, and a delicious cheeseburger on the way home, although life will still seem shit, it won't be as shit as it could be!
And that, my friends, is the only way to live!

No comments:

Post a Comment