Monday, 17 September 2012

Dave's First Day At Work



Once I joined the main road I knew that my days of fun and laughter were slowly coming to an end. I was just a few minutes from the industrial estate, and the biscuit factory in which I was going to work, to keep Jill happy, and prove that I wasn't an idle bastard. I spat on the ground as I walked the last few hundred metres of freedom, until I turned the corner, and walked into the estate where the factory was situated. It was then that I knew that Dave Cooper was about to write a new chapter in his life. And that chapter would be the one which would cover my descent into depression and misery, after having spent four years enjoying myself, in a wonderful state of unemployment.

Dave Cooper heading towards his first day at work. Extract taken from "The Londoners" - by Luke Ryman.

No comments:

Post a Comment