Wednesday, 20 February 2013

What The Players Think



Tony and me are the same age, and we both act like a couple of teenagers. I mean, he spends most of his life in his favourite pub, and me in mine, and we act and think like people twenty-five years younger than us. The crime and violence is something I've always wanted, because where I come from there are no jobs, and that's how people survive.

Glen - a rather unsavoury individual - explaining why violence is a part of his life.

                  
I don't really know what Dave sees in Tony, because the man is so vulgar and uncouth, and is an embarrassment to be around. I think that Dave sometimes thinks the same, but because the two of them have been friends for so long, he just accepts Tony's behaviour.
 
Jill - a rather sweet girl - giving her opinion of Tony Joy.
 
I'd love to go to France, because it's another country, and I'm curious to know what people do over there, and how they live. The trouble is that I haven't got a passport, so I can't go anywhere unless it's within the United Kingdom, and even then there's some places I'd prefer to avoid.
 
Kevin - a hopeless loser - explaining why he'll never get to see the world.
 
How dare you come between Tony and me. He's always been there for me. He'll always be there for me. And you. I doubt that you'll always be around. Sluts like you don't last forever. And you had planned a romantic meal for tonight. To hell with you and your spaghetti. Your fucking red wine. Your silk kimono. Your sofa. Your gentle caresses. You're a whore who deserves only bad luck.
 
Dave Cooper - a very confused man - realising that he isn't ready to settle down with Jill.
 
It's a wonderful day to slay a beast.
 
Tony Joy - an awful man - wanting revenge.
 
 
All quotes taken from "The Londoners" - an ebook for Kindle, by Luke Ryman.
***And out now: "The Londoners 2 - After Love Comes Hate" - the 2nd part of The Londoners trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment