Monday, 3 March 2014

The Smiths, From Leeds




He's called Tony and he only drinks lager






"I could bloody murder a lager," bellowed Tony, as he waltzed into the room to join his wife and son, who were by now sat at the table, waiting for their evening meal. "I hope they haven’t run out of lager, because I don’t want any of that aperitif crap that she was banging on about earlier," he grumbled. "I haven’t come all this bloody way for Martini or white wine. That’s okay for those French nancies, but I like a nice drop of lager with my dinner."


"Oh do be quiet, Tony," replied Janet. "It’s the first time we’ve been abroad, so I reckon we should do just what the natives do."


"Bloody Normandy!" exclaimed Tony, as the apparent good humour which had filled him earlier in the day seemed to have disappeared. "There’s bugger all in the village and what’s the boy going to do here?" he complained, as he ran his fingers over the tablecloth.









The Smiths, from Leeds, appear in the second part of the "But Bloody France!" series.
But what are they doing in Normandy?
Find out now, in "But Bloody France 2: Kate or Wayne" - An amusing short story, for Kindle, by Luke Ryman.



No comments:

Post a Comment